As you may recall, we’ve been ordering groceries from Ottawa Organics for the past month or so. Here are some thoughts:
- Arrives without fail every Wednesday
- I can leave them a check in my cooler for the amount ordered
- No one has stolen our groceries (big concern of my husband!)
- The fruit has been very, very tasty.
- I’ve been ordering some extras off their web site (bread, milk, broccoli) to add to my ‘veggie box’. When I order the extras, I’m given a total amount to pay and leave the check for that amount. Trouble is, they don’t always have the extras. This means I overpay and have to take it off the next week’s check
- The quality has been mixed: we’ve had bruised, punctured plums; moldy raspberries and worm riddled turnips. Truth be told, when I brought this to there attention, we were given a discount off our next box.
Bytown Mom Conclusion: I’m doing this to save myself time and effort: when the milk doesn’t show up I have to head out to the grocery store on a weeknight; when the turnips have worms, I need to adjust dinner plans 15 minutes before it’s expected on the table. Tomorrow’s our last delivery from Ottawa Organics. We’re moving on to Bryson Farms for next week.