Our favorite kid friendly hikes
- Mud Mountain Dam – kids like it mostly for the name and the river at the bottom.
- Seward Park Loop (2 1/2 mile, flat loop)
- Mercer Slough (not exactly a hike, but wow do the kids like exploring in here)
- Snoqualmie Falls (finally reopen! we’ve been here so many times, kids are bored with it)
- Twin Falls (1 3/4 miles or 3 1/4 miles from Iron Horse)
- Little Si (this took us a couple times to conquer, 2 1/2 miles w/ 1500 feet elevation gain)
Hikes we’re going to try out next
- Lincoln Park (1 3/4 mile, on Puget Sound)
- Discovery Park (2 3/4 miles, loop)
- Rattlesnake Lake & Ledge (2 miles, + 1 mile around lake) – not sure how this is still on our “to-do” list.
- Hikes in Seattle with Kids – Dad’s blog
Kids Rainy Day In Seattle Plans
- Kids film festival –
- Kids Ballet – Take in a show at the Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Pinball Museum — probably best for those over 7